2008年9月20日星期六

Make a list. A little advanced planning


Make a list. A little advanced planning goes a long way. Just like you do when you go to the grocery store, make a list. This way you'll stay focused and finish the task fast. Before you shop, write down who you need to buy for, what you plan to spend and any ideas you have in mind based on individual tastes, hobbies, etc. Think: Did they mention a great book they want to read? A piece of jewelry they particularly admire? A movie they want to see? An item of clothing they like? A tool they had to have? A play that looked interesting? If you're stumped, look for gift finders online. Many popular web sites have special holiday gift collections broken down by gender, age, tastes, price, etc. If you want to give something truly memorable, think back to the truly memorable gifts you've received. My favorites have been a basket full of little things I love, like books, lotions, bath stuff, etc.; a subscription to the New York Times daily crossword puzzle online; a three-course dinner prepared with all my favorite foods, and a gorgeous black baroque pearl bracelet. Think back to gifts you've given that have been a hit. What were they? Who enjoyed them?

Shop online. This is the best tip of all. Once I got a computer, holiday shopping was no longer a chore I dreaded. It actually became a breeze. Doing your Christmas shopping online saves time, money (with gas prices being what they are) and legwork. Best of all you don't even have to get out of your pajamas. I can breeze through my entire list in under an hour, I have most everything within a week, and it's delivered right to my door. And don't worry about security: Shopping online is safer than shopping in stores. Far more credit card numbers are stolen in your presence by waiters, clerks, etc. than are stolen by hackers and phishers.

Narrow your list of sites. Over the years I've narrowed down my holiday shopping web sites to a few great e-tailers I use over and over. Some let me save my information in a password protected format so I just log in and shop. Once my shopping cart is full, I don't have to retype my name and address, or the addresses I ship to. One caveat: Don't store credit card data. Even though it's probably not going to happen, hackers can and do steal your information. Best to retype your credit card number each time to be on the safe side.

The best news about site loyalty is that many sites offer incentives to repeat buyers. One 20% coupon can go a long way toward shaving your holiday gift budget!

Once you found your favourite things would you excite? I would. So when I see some tin cup pearl necklace. I am very excited, especially pearl jewelry wholesale. There will be a lot of sterling silver jewelry, cultured pearl pendant, cultured pearl earings, cultured pearl ring, cultured pearl bracelet, pearl necklace, cultured pearl strands, cultured pearl beads … on showing. You can get whatever you like in wholesale pearl jewelry store

Orignal From: Make a list. A little advanced planning

没有评论: